- This event has passed.
Gold leaf gilding workshop with Dagmara
21st April, 2018 @ 15:00 - 18:00 CEST
One event on 21st April, 2018 at 15:00
One event on 2nd June, 2018 at 15:00
Gold leaf gilding workshop
This workshop you will learn the ancient decorative technique of gilding and take home the work you made!
You will be shown the step-by-step methods and techniques used in this amazing craft.
What is gilding?
The term gilding covers a number of decorative techniques for applying fine gold leaf or powder to solid surfaces such as wood, stone, or metal to give a thin coating of gold. A gilded object is described as “gilt”.
Learn how to turn an old boring looking object into an interesting piece. Make things gold and precious!!
Each participant will learn how to use mixtion, how to apply gold leaf onto provided objects and how to protect the gilt from external factors.
We will provide objects – boxes, frames, vases, small objects – made of wood. Participants can also bring their own objects to work on.
Participants should wear comfortable clothes that they are not afraid to get dirty, wearing an apron is also advised.
· All abilities are welcome, no previous experience is needed
· Corporate & groups (get in touch for a customized experience for your group)
· Running time: Approximately 3 hours. There will be a ½ hour break time.
· Max: 15 participants
· Materials: All included! Drinks and snacks will be provided
· Cost: €40.- Reserve your place here!
· Conception and guidance: Dagmara Gogolińska – She is full of life, bursting with imagination and with as much energy as creativity! A Woman of many creative trades… from furniture restoration, upcycling, sewing, gilding, felting, decoupage, pottery (some of her pieces are also for sale at Manifacto) and renovations – she claims this can be better than yoga!